Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Please hear me

♥ If you have not had family pictures taken within the past 3 years, promise me right now that tomorrow morning, you will find someone to do it. I don't care if it's a neighbor, a portrait studio, or a tripod and a remote. Just do it. We have no guarantees in life, but at least we can have the photos to prove that we were here, we were together + we were happy♥

I know I posted this recently but I am doing it again. It is quoted from someone else. I appreciate that she could, and then did, put into words something I so strongly believe. I will continue to share quotes and posts from others that touch me and that I hope will touch you. But for right now..

...please hear me.

...please stop.

...please read it again.

...please feel it.

...please turn it into action.

This is why I have chosen this path for myself. I passionately believe the importance of this message. I may not be perfect at this craft but I am using all my resources to get better at it, daily quite literally. To learn and improve and reach my fullest potential at it. I try my very best to do my best every time. For every client. My pictures could be someone's cherished keepsake someday. That one really special image that hits home like no other one has before. (And I don't like corny cliches so know that I don't say that just to pander.) I admittedly stumble and fall. I epically fail in my own eyes almost daily. But I don't give up. I cry. But I don't quit. I want to grow with my clients and them with me. I want to do better just as much for myself as for them. I don't do this for hobby or for "likes" or title and surely not for money. I did not pick up a camera and think what can I gain from this. I did not decide to pick up the camera. It was decided for me. I have something to give and this is the medium by which I am best able to achieve it. I am blessed because of the importance of the art itself.

Photographs make memories tangible in a way that nothing else can.

I am novice in experience by most standards, and my following is small and humble but I am grateful for every last bit of it's wonderfulness. If no one reads this it's ok because I am full of heart and conviction and determination. I have put my message out there. I am still finding my way with my technical abilities but I feel like I am ahead of most in my honest approach to this endeavor. It is has not been easy. Nothing worth having ever is.

...please hear me.


♥ If you have not had family pictures taken within the past 3 years, promise me right now that tomorrow morning, you will find someone to do it. I don't care if it's a neighbor, a portrait studio, or a tripod and a remote. Just do it. We have no guarantees in life, but at least we can have the photos to prove that we were here, we were together + we were happy♥

With love to my friend Heather. In memory of her mother Ginny.

Thank you Pinkle Toes Photography for the message.

No comments: