Friday, October 15, 2010

Make a wish mommy

Today you asked me to make a wish with you. You picked your dandelion puff and started a list. You wished for race cars, a snack, and so many other cute things that you love.



I looked at that dandelion puff and thought about what to wish for. The possibilities, of course, seemed endless. I decided not to rush my wish and see what came to me if I waited a bit.




I figured the best thing to do was to keep it simple. I wished for you to always have such a wonderful imagination. See the turtle on its back with its legs in the air looking at you? We did.



I wished for you to always find joy in simple pleasures. Like looking for acorns with their hats on.





I wished for you to always think of these as flowers. How sad it is when we start calling them weeds.




I wished I could really keep this flower forever like you asked me to. This is my way of doing that I guess.



I wished many things for you as I watched you play before I decided to finally give my dandelion puff a blow.


I only wished one thing for myself. Your little hands, covered in dirt from us playing together, to hold for as long as I can and for as long as you will let me.

No comments: